- Support us
- Our care
- Work with us
- About us
- Contact us
1. We respect the rights and individuality of all children, young people and their families, both within their own homes, communities and within our hospices, throughout each family’s individual journey.
2. We aim to provide a flexible approach to caring for all families based on their individual needs and safe resources, to ensure that the best interests of the child are paramount.
3. We acknowledge that families are experts in their child’s care. We will listen to and work together with families to strive to maintain their chosen way of caring for their child. We will be responsive to changes in their medical, psychological and care needs.
4. We acknowledge the diversity and uniqueness of the families we support and endeavour to meet the needs of all family members – including their physical, emotional, religious, spiritual, social and cultural needs – in a sensitive, safe and professional manner.
5. We advocate that the children should receive the highest standard of care possible. We promote and encourage partnerships with all those working with the children and their families to provide consistency, quality and safety of care.
6. We ensure that all staff who work for Shooting Star CHASE are professionally trained, guided and supported to ensure our continued commitment to delivering the highest quality of care for all families using our services.
A consensus statement by the Shooting Star CHASE Care team and Board of Trustees
January 2012 Review date January 2014