London Landmarks Half Marathon
Back for its second year, the London Landmarks Half Marathon is a central London closed road run and is the only half marathon to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster; with its unique strapline ‘the grand, the quirky, the hidden.’
The official ballot is now closed, but don’t worry if you weren’t successful as we have Gold Bond charity places available! Simply register your interest to join #TeamSSC!
When: Sunday 24th March 2019
Distance: 13 miles
Price: Gold Bond runners should commit to raising a minimum of £400 sponsorship, with no registration fee.
Runners who were successful in the official ballot are also more than welcome to join #TeamSSC with no minimum sponsorship required.
For more information on how to join our team please click on the ‘Register your interest’ button & fill out the form, email us on email@example.com or call 01932 823100.
We understand that our fundraising request of raising a minimum of £400 for a Gold Bond runners place can seem rather daunting. That said, we know that your friends, family and colleagues will appreciate the hard work that you are putting in as you train for your run and will want to get behind you and show their support. Even if you are running with your own place and so do not have a set fundraising target, we are here to help you make the most of this opportunity to raise money to support our vital work.
Here are some examples of how your fundraising can help:
• £20 could pay for precious time for a child and their family in the sensory room. Equipped with a range of specialist facilities, sensory rooms serve as a place that can help relax, sooth and stimulate.
• £35 could pay for a session in the hydrotherapy pool, which for some families are the first time they’ve been able to take their child swimming.
• £50 could pay for precious time for a child and their family in the sensory room. Equipped with a range of specialist facilities, sensory rooms serve as a place that can help relax, sooth and stimulate.
• £250 could pay for a visit by a Hospice at Home nurse during an emergency, providing vital support to a child and giving parents a few precious hours to themselves.
• £1200 could pay for a short break at one of our hospices, allowing families time together, away from being carers to enjoy being a family.
When you join our team, we will send you our Fundraising Guide which includes useful information about setting-up your online sponsorship page. For any offline donations that you receive you can download a copy of our sponsorship form. Please have a look at the fundraising tips and the list of equipment available to borrow, if you are holding an event. Remember, we are always happy to help and to chat about any fundraising ideas you may have.
At Shooting Star Chase, we truly appreciate the dedication that comes with competing in any long distance event such as a half marathon. Whether you are a novice or an experienced long distance runner, the distance of 13 miles is not an easy challenge. It is important that you arrive at the start line feeling happy, healthy and ready to go!
It is our privilege to support you every step of the way. To help with your training we offer:
• A snazzy Shooting Star Chase technical running vest
• Advice on fundraising and training
• Join our bespoke online forum for Challenge Events supporters team
• Loud and enthusiastic cheering on the course to encourage you to the finish line!
For more information on how to join our team please click on the ‘Register your interest’ button & fill out the form, email us or call 01932 823100