Events volunteers help at a wide range of fundraising events eg Cheering at London Marathon; marshalling at our bespoke events; serving tea and cakes at our Open Gardens; bucket collecting on Waterloo Station or at a Garden Centre. It’s a role suitable for those that want to get involved but are unable to make a regular commitment.
Location: Surrey and London
Time: Ad hoc according to the event. Usually weekends or occasional evenings for approximately 3 or 4 hours.
Duties and key responsibilities:
Varies according to the particular event you are volunteering at, but may include:
• Cheering on our cyclists or runners at various events
• Serving refreshments
• Bucket collecting
• Marshalling at Sunrise Walk or other SSC events
• Picking up a gazebo from our head office and setting up and taking down on the day of the event.
• Selling merchandise on a stall at a fair
• Running a tombola
Essential Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
• Happy to interact with the public and a wide variety of people