Thinking of organising your own event and fundraising for Shooting Star Chase?
Browse our list of bright ideas for some fundraising inspiration and handy tips.
Fundraising at work
• Bake sale – the original fundraiser and still one of the best! Download our handy bake sale fundraising pack and why not create your own poster to promote the event?
• Fancy Dress or Dress Down day.
• Have an office picnic – instead of buying lunch get the team to bring in picnic foods and donate your lunch money.
• Organise a raffle – get rid of those unwanted gifts and use them as prizes.
• Save your old stamps or recycle printer cartridges.
Fundraising at your local pub
• Get creative! Snail racing, pantomime horse race, chicken race or organise your own Tour de Town (name it after your local town).
• Always add a raffle to your event. Everyone loves a raffle and they can boost your fundraising total by a few hundred pounds.
Fundraising at home
• Cook dinner for your friends and invite them to indulge, in return for a donation of course!
• Clear out the clutter – donate your unwanted clothes and knick-knacks to one of our shops.
• Host a coffee morning – there’s nothing better than coffee, cake and a good catch up with friends.
• Go shopping – if you shop online with Give as you Live we can receive donations from each purchase you make.
Fundraise while you shop (it won’t cost you a penny extra)
• Sign up to support us on EasyFundraising.org.uk – and raise donations from over 3200 retailers as you shop online
• If you are an Amazon shopper, support us without spending a penny extra through Amazon Smile.
Fundraising at your club/organisation
• Get the community involved and organise a fun day, car wash or plant sale.
• Organise a treasure hunt, create your own map, give clues and send people on a trail for the gold!
• See who has the biggest brain – a quiz night always attracts lots of people.
• Invite one of our amazing Ambassadors to motivate and inspire your club. Our team of fully trained volunteer Ambassadors will come to your club, with a tailored presentation and help you learn more about the care & support we offer to local families email your request.
• Organise a sponsored walk, run or cycle around your local area or local park.
Do something different!
• Give it up – whether it’s chocolate, alcohol or crisps, give something up and get sponsored to do it.
• Feeling brave? Take part in one of our fantastic challenge events.
• Organise a sweepstake, whether it’s Great British Bake-Off, Strictly, The Apprentice or a sporting occasion, place your bets and raise the stakes.