An exciting opportunity to get involved with our charity by becoming a volunteer shop assistant in our Walton High Street shop. Volunteer shop assistants help our shop managers with the day-to-day running of the shop. No experience is necessary and training will be provided. Volunteering is a chance to have fun, boost your skills and make good friends along the way.
Location: 54 High Street, Walton, KT12 1BY.
Time: 1 four hour shift a week (or more if you can spare the time) Any day Monday to Saturday, usually 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm or Sundays 10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm
Skills you will learn
- Welcoming and assisting customers
- sorting, evaluating and pricing donations
- merchandising, including window displays
- running a shop till (age 16+)
- operating a clothes steamer (age 16+)
You should be
- Customer focused
- Able get on with people and work in a team
- Energetic and proactive
Reasons to volunteer
- Sixth-former or recent school-leaver: Gain experience for your CV, develop your confidence or complete volunteering hours for a DofE award.
- Parent returning to work: Boost your confidence and get back into the swing of a routine in a role that can easily fit around your childcare responsibilities.
- Retiree: Find a new activity that helps your local community, make friends and keep yourself active.
Starting date: ASAP